I was lucky enough to be offered to hold a gender reveal party for my baby number two! Honestly, it was a nice time to gather all my loved ones to celebrate the new baby and my birthday as I didn’t have any celebration.
Chard and I decided to go with a whimsical, nature-themed party. It truly takes a village to be able to pull off an event flawlessly! Gary of gary_mindworks beautifully executed the party together with the help of Princess of eventsbymissP, who did the full planning and coordination. The beautiful photos were by NicePrint Photography and Andrea Beldua.
And of course, Mond and Ate Ruffa hosted the entire thing and made sure our guests were entertained.
There was so much to do for both the adults and kids! Alexa Uichico-Gutierrez took care of the fun games. Some of these included a bottle chugging game for men using baby bottles and beer and feeding time (with eyes covered!) for couples.
My favorite one by far was the guessing game where participants had to guess whether the situations mentioned were things that Chard did as a kid, or I did as a kid! The results were just hilarious.
I’m sure you’re curious as to what these situations were. So some of the things I did were:
- Scuba dive at age eight;
- Had one violin lesson and never went back;
- Almost burned down our apartment by playing with the stove in the kitchen (Yes that happened and trust me, my memories of that event is a blur to me which means I was really young at the time.);
- Saved the drowning little sister of my friend by jumping in the lake from the boat we were in (Remember, not all superheroes wear capes.); and
- Chose karate over ballet multiple times!
And some of the things Chard did when he was younger:
- Took up golf lessons just to finish class earlier than everyone else;
- Had two bearded dragons named Evander and Lennox as a pets;
- Took violin lessons and actually continued and performed in front of his school;
- Won multiple gold medals in Shotokan;
- Had a brown belt in karate; and
- Was part of the basketball, golf and tennis varsity.
After all the fun games, it was time to reveal the gender of my baby!
I came to the party feeling like I was carrying a baby girl because I was feeling cute and feminine. So when I learned that I was having a baby boy, I realized that folk tales are just folk tales and we should all stick to science. We really shouldn’t rely on sayings like “Oh, she’s having a girl because she’s been into dresses” or “She’s having a boy because she’s moody.”
So when I found out that baby number two is a boy, I was so shocked! I was also pleased because for the months leading to this party, I kept asking Zion about his preferred gender and he was consistent with the answer “baby boy.” Looks like he’s getting his wish, and his new playmate will be here real soon!
Of course, all those things are just big bonuses but what really makes me joyful is knowing that I’m carrying a healthy, growing baby which I’m very excited to meet! To everyone who was part of this wonderful celebration, thank you!